Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wooooosah


Today I was forced to practice what I preach, write about, and even say to others....FORGIVENESS. Sure, forgiveness seems easy in theory, it requires no physical effort, no money-all its takes is making a decision in ones mind about a certain Issue. Just last night I was writing on the topic, trying to convince others to do it. And heck I even read about it in the Bible today twice! Matthew 6:14-15"In prayer there is a connection between what God does and what you do. You can't get forgiveness from God, for instance, without also forgiving others. If you refuse to do your part, you cut yourself off from God's part."(the message) I silently prayed that I would start doing it more, and asked God to help me forgive some of the ones who hurt me deeply. Stuff I sill carry around that affected me as a child. Then this evening, God tested to see how serious i was about it.

"Absolutely Not!" I told my sister "Ha! That will never happen! They don't deserve it! They haven't done a thing to help me, they don't deserve a spot in my life after what they did."We were having a disagreement over whether my feelings for certain ppl should stop me from doing the right thing. She was thinking Heck yeah! I was thinking Heck to the Naw!

My Big sis was having no part in all that attitude. "But Gab, you got too, Forgiveness isn't about the other person, its about you. What they did, or the lack thereof, even helped to propel you to where you are today. Doing this, is not letting it affect you anymore. Stand above it."

& Though I hated to admit she was right, she was dead on. I couldn't let resentment stop me from doing the right thing, or have ppl stop my blessings by disobeying Gods commandments of me. With a few more pulling of teeth, I saw that not forgiving them was keeping me stuck, and Ive been stuck for too long in this. I agreed to do the right thing, even though I still dont care for those ppl very much lol Forgiveness, though difficult, is freeing....Woooooosah! lol


No comments:

Post a Comment