Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Paper Crown:Lauren Conrads Line





Usually when I showcase different lines, there ones I'm excited about. They take me on a journey into a wonderful, fabulous, embellished and lovely world. Paper Crown, takes me on a journey too...into Blah land! I'll give it to LC, she wrote some good books. I'm a little bit embarrassed to Say that Ive read all of the L.A Candy books and liked them very much. I think she should stick to being an author and give up the fashion thing. Number One: Shes released so many "lines" its crazy. None of them have every really took off. Do you know anyone whose rocking the LC apparel from Kohls? Neither do I. Number Two: Its not that I think her clothes are hideous, they're just okay. Anyone could buy these looks. They already exist! I mean really? The men's jacket, the leather short. Whats new? What makes it unique? What keeps you in this business is what makes you special. Number three: This isn't a dig at LC, I don't hate her. I think she has great hair lol Its just, I know so many students whose designs are amazing and breathtaking. But over half of them will never have a chance to produce their line, they'll never get the exposure or the financial backing. This is the gamble we take having a career in fashion. But it upset me to see people like LC who get money for sub par clothing when there is so many others who if given the shot, would shock the world with their designs.
-Fiercely Yours, Gabby a.k.a GStyle

No comments:

Post a Comment