Sunday, January 15, 2012

In the Words Of....

      When I first started Fashion Insomnia, I would put inspirational post when ever I felt like God gave me a great epiphany. For some reason I haven’t been putting a lot of those on here, but its 2012 and I need to start that back up again.

         In the words of  Langston Hughes My life ain't been no crystal stair. I know for a lot of you it hasn’t been either. Some of the last few years have been the roughest. Really after my dad passed. I've gone through times when I feel uninspired, when my faith is low to even gone. I've gone through the motions without really feeling anything, fighting to get back to where I once was spiritually & emotionally.

         Lately. I have been feeling more like my old self even though things aren’t always splediforious( yup just made that up) but today I ran across this scripture 1 Samuel 2:6-8

"The Lord kills and brings to life. He brings down to the grave, and He raises up. The Lord makes poor and makes rich. He brings low and He lifts up.  He lifts the poor from the dust. He lifts those in need from the ashes. He makes them sit with rulers and receive a seat of honor"

          See Hannah couldn’t have kids & hers husbands second wife taunted her all the time about it. One day God heard her cries and he gave her a son, Samuel. That scripture is Hannah's prayer of praise. To me, its like a victory song. I believe soon, I can sing a victory song because God will give to me, my family, friends, what we all have been praying so hard for.

         I feel inspired by that. Everything is a season & I'm looking forward to reaping the harvest. Hope you got something from my real moment. Every once in a while, I’ll keep it really real with you guys the way I do with others in my personal life.

-Fiercely Yours, Gabrielle a.k.a Gstyle

No comments:

Post a Comment