Tuesday, September 8, 2009

SHUT UP &JUMP


Psalm 56:4 "In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust:I will not fear what flesh can do unto me." Dag God did you write this scripture with exactly with me in mind? In my midst of spending time with God, he had me stumble across some great word. The theme has been recurring over and over in my Life. Ive been meet with some challenges that have MADE me step into my potential that Ive been so afraid to let out. My pastor Preached on success on Sunday. Now i find this amazing article about fear from the Joyce Meyer Website(Shes a really cool straightforward preacher).
"While doubt is the fear of making mistakes and having negative things happen to us, confidence is having faith in God’s love for us."-Joyce Meyer. I read this and then i got a big ol Epiphany right upside my head! *BANG* I never realized where my trouble with making decisions came from. From those of y'all know me, know that i have so much trouble making decisions. I will spend 10-20 minutes deciding what earrings i will buy. I will put them back, pick them up, leave the store, come back and get them, then put them back lol Yo Just last nite i spent 20 minutes tryna decide what kind of ben & jerrys ice cream i wanted. i circled the supermarket about two times, tryna make my decision. I never though about the fact that put some much pressure on decisions because im so fearful of being wrong.i have a lot of gifts(modeling,singing,acting) that ive never tapped into nearly as much as i shouldve because im afraid of looking stupid.But God didn't give the spirit of fear! After years of being indecisive and calling up everybody n theyre mama to help me make decisions.Im ready to do what Gods put inside of me. Im ready to jump full on and if i crash and burn then at least ill crash and burn wearing the hottest outfit.-Gatsby

No comments:

Post a Comment